3 # Fresh Mozzarella Curd
Order from Todaro Bros in New York City $5.95 per pound
Phone # is 212-532-0654 / www.Todarobros.com
3 Tbsp of Salt
2 gallons of Boiling Water
1 gallon of ice water
1. Crumble 3 # of Fresh Mozzarella Curd with hands in a metal bowl.
2. Add salt to boiling water for about 5 minutes
3. Pour 3/4 gallon of boiling salted water in the crumbled curd and start mixing it with the back end of a wooden spoon until water start to cool.
4. Then strain the curd from one bowl to the next and do not save the water.
5. Add ¾ gallon to the strained mozzarella curd and repeat the process with the spoon and string the cheese (See Demo).
6. When the cheese is ready start portioning out in you hands about 6 oz per portion
Then form the dough in your hands. (See Demo)
7. When to dough is formed into small portions put it in the ice water to stop the cooking process.
8. Refrigerate overnight and serve the next day.